I give talks and lectures on birds, animal behaviour and evolution.
I also offer Dawn and Dusk Chorus walks.
My work includes teaching and facilitating courses through Queen’s University’s School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work’s Open Learning Programme, Belfast.
- The Story of Evolution (Queen’s Open Learning Course). 10 weekly sessions on Mondays 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm, starting 25 September
- Birdsong Appreciation (Queen’s Open Learning Course). 10 weekly sessions on Tuesdays 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm, starting 16 January
- How Birdsong is Shaped by its Environment. As part of the Queen’s Open Learning ornithology course, From Autumn Into Winter. 10:30 am-12pm, Thursday, 2 Nov 2017, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Main Street, Bangor.
- The Evolution of Birds, as part of the NORTHERN IRELAND ORNITHOLOGISTS CLUB autumn programme. 7:30pm, Wednesday, 22 November 2017, Ulster Museum, Belfast.
- An Introduction to Spring Song. As part of the Queen’s Open Learning ornithology course, A Whisper of Wings, 10:30 am-12pm, Thursday, 8 February 2018, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Main Street, Bangor.
- Birdsong. To the Newcastle Field Club, 8pm, Tuesday 17 April 2018, Newcastle, Co Down.
Images: willow warbler © Andeas Trepte; chaffinch © Jim Almond; blackbird © Malene Thyssen; Archaeopteryx © NobuTamura